Gotze Needs To Grow Up As He Snubs Arsenal Again

Borussia Dortmund’s wonderkid Mario Gotze seems to have problems with letting go and moving on from Dortmund. Although Premiership giants United and Arsenal and Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid have expressed interest in the 19-year-old, he doesn’t seem interested in their offers.

“Of course I can imagine extending my contact at Dortmund,” he said in an interview with Bild.

“I have always said how at home I feel here. And nothing has happened to change that.

“I have my family and friends here. And the whole Borussia Dortmund package with the coach and the team is simply outstanding.”

It’s probably time for Gotze to grow up and learn that you have to let go at a certain point. Staying at Dortmund all his career is not an option given the club’s potential. If it would have been Barcelona you could have understood him, but this way he’s simply going to become an above average player at an above average club which gets slaughtered by Olympiakos in the Champions League.

Not that a move to Arsenal or United could mean he’ll become a legend, but it could certainly aid to that and help him reach his full potential with top level matches and advanced Champions League stage qualifications.