Henry impressed by Swansea but thinks Arsenal are heading for Top Four again

The Arsenal legend Thierry Henry has been very impressed with the way that Brendan Rodgers has made Swansea into a team to be reckoned with in the top flight, and enjoys watching their attacking football.

He said: “Swansea are an amazing team. I’ve been more than impressed with them, they play football the right way, they’re dangerous, they play with two great wingers and we know it’s going to be a difficult game for us,”

But after having scored the winner in the FA Cup against Leeds on his (second) debut for Arsenal, Henry is convinced that the Gunners have the mental strength to force their way back into the Champions League positions.

“We obviously don’t want to be out of the top four. There’s going to be a hell of a competition this year to be in it,” he continued.

“But I do think this team has what it takes to be in it, if you think about the way the team has come back from the beginning of the season.

“The team is slowly getting into form. Again, we lost a full back against Leeds [Francis Coquelin] and we can do without injuries. That will help a lot.

“But it is what it is. We still had to win a game out there against Leeds and it happened.”

It certainly won’t be a formality to beat Swansea this weekend, but if Arsenal play to their ability they should be able to get past this test and put more pressure on the Top Four teams.

***Watch Henry v Leeds Utd Highlights again!***