Chelsea Try To Highjack Arsenal’s Attempts To Transfer Star Midfielder

Reports have appeared linking Chelsea with a possible attack on Arsenal’s transfer target Eden Hazard. The Blues are willing to do whatever it takes to find a replacement for the aging Frank Lampard, and Lille’s playmaker seems to be on the lips of Andres Villas Boas.

The Belgian was also tracked by Wenger who even submitted a fee for him in the summer, but club official Jean-Michel Vandamme is vehement that Hazard won’t be departing during January and that the club would only talk about a possible transfer starting with the Summer transfer market opening.

‘Yes, we have received a lot of very interesting proposals,’ , he said

‘But the clubs want the player immediately and on this we have a very clear idea: Hazard will remain at least until the end of the season. He will not go.’

Hazard snubbed Arsenal’s offer himself in the summer saying that he wants to spend a bit more time at Lille, but everybody expected him to sign with the Gunners in January although nothing points in that direction anymore. Wenger only made one transfer so far in January and didn’t speak about any other transfer except a loan move for a full-back.