Lyon Invite Arsenal To Bid On Top Full-back

Lyon’s chief Jean-Michel Aulas admitted that the sale of French full-back Aly Cissokho is a very likely outcome in January with Premiership clubs Newcastle and Arsenal trailing the 24-year-old full-back who has stated his interest in playing in the Premiership.

“Possible winter departures? That doesn’t mean we don’t have any more means, but we want to keep the rules we set, which is to not increase deficit,” Aulas told L’Equipe.

“The transfer of Aly Cissokho? I am rather in favour of it.

“We could hire a centre defender, young, not expansive and versatile, but none of our current centre defenders will be free agents next June, and maybe in February they will all be back.

“We could hire a defensive midfielder as Maxime Gonalons is deputising as centre defender. We could also not do anything.”

Arsenal are in a big need of a full-back having huge problems with full-backs after all 4 available players got injured during the first half of the season. The only problem is that Wenger wants to snatch a player on loan and Lyon are looking to cash in for the 24-year-old and keep their finances at a high. Do you think Cissokho would be a good transfer for Arsenal?