Rangers Snub Interest In Arsenal Starlet

Rangers’ manager Ally McCoist admitted that the Scottish club looked into the transfer of Arsenal wonderkid Benik Afobe, but also stated that they won’t be making a move on him after finding out about his injury, even though fellow Gunner Kyle Bartley who is now on loan at Ranger recommended Afobe to be an asset.

“I spoke to Kyle Bartley about Afobe and he said he is a smashing lad.

“He was at Huddersfield and scored a few goals there but he is injured at the moment and that would certainly cool our interest in him.

“We feel we need somebody who could come in and play right away.

“I don’t think we could find a bench for him in the treatment room to be honest with you.

“A more immediate target is to get someone who can come in and play.”

This statement comes after the young striker recently declared that he would be interested in the possibility of a transfer so he could get some playing time immediately after getting fit. At Arsenal he has a long road to cover before he can become a first team player and has at the moment a bucket-load of strikers to overcome if he wants to become an option for the first team.