Gervinho confident of Ivory Coast victory in Cup of Nations

The Arsenal and Ivory Coast striker Gervinho believes that this will be his country’s year to win the African Cup of Nations. The holders Egypt are not incontention this year, and other African giants like Nigeria, Cameroon, and Algeria have also failed in qualifying, leaving the Ivory Coast with a seemingly simple task to go all the way.

Gervinho said yesterday: “We have always been rated tournament favourites but failed to deliver. But now is the time to go all the way,”

“We have all told ourselves that it is now or never for us.

“We have everything going for us, quality and the motivation. We only need to be fully concentrated for this competition because Ivorians need nothing but the trophy.”

Gervinho has Didier Drogba, Kolo Toure, Salomon Kalou, Didier Zakora and himself in a strong team, but can they overcome the nerves to finally get their hands on the trophy?