Lyon Star Not Looking Into Arsenal Rumours

Lyon’s attacking midfielder Yoann Gourcuff won’t be moving away from the club in spite of rumours coming in which are linking the midfielder with a possible move to London club Arsenal.

The player’s agent dismissed the possibility of Gourcuff leaving the French club until after this year’s EURO, also stating that the midfielder is feeling good at Lyon.

“We’ve spoken with Gourcuff and he has no reason to leave Lyon,” said Jean-Pierre Bernes.

“It would be completely absurd. I’m willing to take this step but I have to be thoroughly convinced of his interest. And that’s not the case.”

“He’s at a good club,” added Bernes. “He’s been injured, he needs time.

“I can’t see how this player could fail to impose himself at Lyon. I don’t see the point in finding a new club three or four months before Euro 2012. He will play at Lyon.”

Arsene Wenger is still looking for a midfielder, and at the moment he already missed out on Borussia Monchengladbach’s Reus who will be joining Dortmund in the summer , and he’s very unlikely to miss out on Dortmund’s midfielder Mario Gotze who probably won’t leave the club yet.