Miyaichi – I’m working hard to get into the Arsenal first-team

The young Japanese winger Ryo Miyaichi was so impressive on loan last season at Feyenoord that Arsene Wenger decided to bring him back to join the Arsenal squad this season.

But Miyaichi has only been used by Wenger in a couple of Carling Cup matches, but the 19 year-old believes that he is improving and is preparing to fight for his place in the team.

“I think I’ve made big strides.” Ryo said. “Once you come to a big club, you can’t walk into the team – I have to work hard every day so that I can play well in the future,”

“Even so during training, being able to practise alongside superstars can only be a good thing. It’s important to try to get noticed.

“All I can do is believe in myself and work hard. Otherwise it’s up to the boss so I’ll just do what I can.”

Having seen some video highlights of this youngster in action, I can’t wait to see him step up and mesmerize opposing defences. I think Wenger should be playing more youngsters like Ryo and The Ox on a regular basis. Man Utd would be more scared of them than the predictable Arshavin anyway…..