Szczesny – I think The Ox is ready, but I trust Wenger’s judgement

The young Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny likes what he has seen of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and like many Arsenal fans, he believes that The Ox is ready to take his place in the Arsenal first team.

But he also thinks that if Wenger has decided to wait and slowly introduce him to the rigours of the Premiership, then one just has to bow down to Wenger’s greater judgement.

“If the boss thinks somebody is not ready and wants to wait a couple of months to make sure he is ready to take his chance then I am sure he is right,” Szczesny said.

“I’m a big fan of Alex. He is very unpredictable with what he does on the pitch, he is very direct, he can get past people and he has a good cross on him.

“I like him a lot. I think he is ready but it’s the manager’s decision and he knows what he is doing. You’ve seen it over the years with the examples of myself and Jack Wilshere.”

One of the main reasons that Arsenal fans would like to see Oxlade-Chamberlain starting more often is because Andrei Arshavin has often looked lazy and uninterested when given his chances. The Ox seems to be much more hungry to impress the boss and attack the opposition and is much more exciting to watch.

Okay I respect Wenger’s decision, but I would still like The Ox to be given more games very quickly.