French Star Denies Arsenal Move Until The Summer

Arsenal’s transfer target Yann M’Vila might not be ending up in the Premiership, nor in Serie A where Inter Milan wants him. According to the player’s agent Tim Hager he is not looking to move away from the club for now.

Having received a summer offer from Arsenal and snubbed it saying that he wants to stay at Rennes for another season, M’Vila seems to think the same way now and with only a few days left of the January transfer window the French defensive midfielder seems set to stay at Rennes.

“Yann is happy in Rennes. I have checked with the club and they have assured me there is no intention to sell him.

“At the end of the season we will talk about his future. He is a player that has been admired for a long time.”, said his agent.

Arsenal are now in the search for a defensive midfielder who can cover for Song after allowing club young Emmanuel Frimpong to leave for the rest of the season on loan to Premiership side Wolverhampton. Ajax’s Jan Vertonghen might still be an option, but the Frenchman doesn’t seem too eager to make a move.