Full-back Agent Snubs Arsenal Link

According to Lyon’s wonderkid Aly Cissokho’s agent Ali Barat, Arsenal haven’t made an official inquiry for the full-back even though the late press rumours were pointing towards that direction.

Barat declared:

“Cissokho has a contract until 2014. Lyon proposed a two-year renewal, but we did not accept because he wants a change of scenery.

“At the same time, Lyon have to sell, because they need fresh funds. I am here in Italy because I will meet with Juve on Friday.

“If Cissokho leaves in January, then it will be only for Juventus. In the summer we can open the doors to Manchester United, thanks to Evra’s injury.

“We recently received a €7m offer from Newcastle, but Lyon value him at €9m and we know Juve have more of a budget to spend.

“Juventus are a great team who play attacking football and Aly wants to play in the Champions League next season. Roma? At the moment they don’t have the resources.”

Arsenal are still searching for a full-back, but according to Wenger they need a left-back because Sagna will be back soon and finding somebody who will be better on that position than Vermaelen it’s a tough job. That might be a tough job, but when Vermaelen is injured and Koscielny has to take over that position against big clubs the Gunners run into problems, so Wenger should really try and fix this.