Wilshere setback to force Wenger into transfer market

Everyone was looking forward to seeing Jack Wilshere return to the Arsenal squad next month as he had started fitness training a couple of weeks ago, but it has been revealed today that he has had another setback and he will be back on the treatment table for at LEAST another three weeks.

With just four days left til the end of the transfer window, Arsene Wenger will be sweating that tests don’t show that Wilshere will be out for even longer. Just looked at what happened to Vermaelen last season…

And Wenger recently admitted that he (panic-)brought in Benayoun from Chelsea because of Wilshere’s previous injury when talking about a ban on loaning players over 21. He said: “But we were on the last day of the transfer window. We knew that Jack Wilshere would need surgery.

“So we were short in midfield at that point and to find two players so late was nearly impossible­ for us without using a loan.

“At that time, the most important thing was just to sign him.”

Much as he may not like it, I am fully expecting Wenger to now bring in two or three players in the last days of the transfer window, but who can he arrange at such short notice? Look out for lots of Arsenal transfer rumours coming in!