Fulham Star Demands Interest. Will Wenger Take Notice?

Arsenal might forget about attempting to transfer Koln’s German striker Lukas Podolski and concentrate on Fulham’s striker Clint Dempsey.

The 28-year-old admitted his interest in joining a Champions League playing side, so teams like Arsenal, United or Chelsea might make a move for him considering his amazing late form.

‘You should never get content,’ said Dempsey.

‘I want to play in the Champions League.’

‘Nobody thought I would get this far. I want to go as far as I can.’

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger is interested in transferring a striker but still hasn’t been able to secure a signing with the January transfer window almost closed now.

Podolksi is a very important option for the Gunners who are going to attempt to transfer him both now and in the Summer if they won’t solve the transfer until the 31st of January.

Dempsey is Fulham’s best scorer having managed to score 9 goals so far in this season. Robin Van Persie, who is both Arsenal’s and the league’s top scorer, has 19 goals, so his record makes Dempsey’s look a kid’s play but we have to also take into account the fact that Robin has a much better team behind him to provide assists.