Sky reports that Van Persie has joined Barcelona for £83 million!!

In an amazing last minute deal it seems that Sky Sports has the “Breaking News” that Arsenal’s Robin Van Persie has joined Barcelona in an incredible £83 million deal, heading off a last minute attempt to hijack the deal from Manchester City.

The report quotes Pep Guardiola as saying: “When you see potential in a player you have to act fast and this is a star who has an eye for goal, can pass with either foot and is comfortable in many positions.

“People say it is a lot of money, but you cannot put a price on quality and our new signing has the potential to be one of the greatest.”

He added: “Robin van persie is in great condition and could be ready straight away to play against Sociedad.”

I know that Arsenal fans are going to find it hard to believe this devastating news, but you can see the report from Sky on this link

Arsene Wenger is making an effort to replace Van Persie in the next few hours and is reportedly talking to Aston Villa to see if they can spare Emile Heskey on loan for the rest of the season…..