Playmaker-less Arsenal Not Doing Good According to Star Midfielder

Arsenal’s playmaker Mikel Arteta seems to think that the Gunners are not doing the best they can at the moment and that they should start playing better and winning more back to back games if they want to get the top four finish they’re targeting.

“It’s not good enough,” said the playmaker. “We have the players and the quality to have got a better result than what we got against Bolton.

“We really need to start picking up points now. We’ve lost too many in the last two weeks.

“It’s going to be tough to finish in the top four, but I think we have the quality and the desire to do it. I know how good we are, but we need to start showing it.

“We need to get on a good run and start winning games, like we were doing a month ago, because Chelsea are doing well.

“We should have won against Bolton. We had a lot of chances to win the game comfortably in the first half, but, once again, we’ve not been good enough to take them. And if you don’t take your chances, it’s always going to be difficult.

“We need to start putting it in the back of the net. But at least we kept a clean sheet, especially as we took a lot of risks going forward.”

Arteta has been out for a while and his absence has reflected on Arsenal’s form as well. Ramsey doesn’t seem able to provide the quality the Gunners need in midfield and with Wilshere injured Arsenal’s playmaking abilities were at a low. Perhaps newcomer Eisfeld could learn a few things from Arteta and get ready for first team action sooner than we expect.