Wenger Doesn’t Mind The Fan’s Battering

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger doesn’t mind the massive wave of criticism which has been coming his way from the fans lately saying that the club isn’t doing that bad and that things could have been much worse for the fans.

“Nobody has been in the Champions League more than us in the last 16 years,” said the Frenchman. “We wanted the three points at Bolton, but when you come out of a little crisis you come back slowly. We want to complete the recovery against Blackburn.

“We lost three games and then the confidence drops a little bit. But overall we have shown a great response against Aston Villa on Sunday, where we came back with a fantastic 3-2 win, and I feel that on Wednesday night we deserved to win the game.

“Overall I feel this team is strong mentally with a good spirit and attitude. We are ready for a fight and that is the most important thing.

“The fact that we have never been in this position is rather a credit to me in 16 years so I do not take that as a blame.

“I take that as a fantastic consistency; that is the most difficult thing at the top level. But now we have a very good ­opportunity to come back into a very strong ­position.

“I am here to make all of the fans happy and when I do not manage to do it I am, of course, not happy. But what is most important is that we have our fans happy at the end of the season.

“We have played 15 years on the trot in the Champions League and, in 10 days’ time, play AC Milan in the last 16.

“We want to come back to the Champions League position in the league, we want to prepare properly for the next round of the FA Cup and I wish that in the next 16 years it will be exactly the same for the club and that the fans will be happy.

“Ideally, I want everybody to be over the moon, but we live in a world where you have to accept that not everybody reacts the same.”

Even though he’s right to some extent, he can’t say that things are looking good either because the Gunners are in the 6th position in the league and with the late run of results things are not looking good at all for them.