Frimpong suffers serious knee ligament damage again?

The Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong was carried off the pitch yesterday during Wolves 2-1 win over QPR, and the initial prognosis is that he has sustained knee ligament damage, according to Sky Sports.

The Wolves manager Mick McCarthy was at a loss to explain the injury after the game when he said: “He’s got a brace on and he was carried off.”

“On a scale of one to 10 I have got no idea. I haven’t got a clue.”

If scans reveal that it is indeed his knee ligaments then it will be a similar injury to the one that he suffered at the beginning of last season, and kept him out of the game for nine months, just as he was making his mark for the Arsenal first team.

Arsene Wenger sent him out on loan this season to gain some regular first team appearances before rejoining the Gunners senior squad next season and he had made just five starts for Wolves before yesterdays bad news.

Both McCarthy and Wenger will both be waiting anxiously for the results of the scans tomorrow to find out the seriousness of the problem. As will all true Arsenal fans.

***Arsenal v Blackburn Highlights – Excellent stuff!***