Sturridge’s Dad Confirms Chelsea Problems. Should The Striker Join Arsenal?

Amid rumours linking Chelsea’s striker Daniel Sturridge with a potential move across town to the Emirates Stadium, the footballer’s father also disapproved Andres Villas-Boas’ intentions of playing him on the wing saying that his talent is wasted there.

The striker is intensely scouted by Arsenal after it became clear that he dislikes the winger role and would rather play in the center, something impossible at Chelsea at the moment.

“When he plays in his natural position, which is a central striker, you will see maybe two or three times as much of the player that you now see playing on the wings,” he told the Voice newspaper

“When you have seen someone play from under-nines right up to adult football as a central striker, then suddenly you see them playing in a different position that you have never seen him play, obviously you know, the position he played in as a youngster is the one he will be more comfortable in.

“Once he is in that position, I expect you will see a major improvement.

“In terms of potential, we have to see him play in that central striker position to see how far he can go in the game.

“He can actually show you a lot more. I think with the experience he gains and playing regularly in the Premier League, you are going to see a better player because he will just get stronger.”

The striker still has two and a half years of contract with Chelsea but would like to sign a new contract for a better wage with which Chelsea doesn’t agree.