Wenger – Sunderland are doing well, but so are we…..

Arsene Wenger knows full well that Sunderland are a completely different team since Martin O’Neill took over from Steve Bruce a few months ago, but although he believes the Black Cats are in good form, he thinks that Arsenal are also going into the game in a “positive mood”.

Wenger said: “I felt that Sunderland were a bit unlucky at the start of the season with Steve Bruce,”

“Sometimes when a team has a recent negative history they lose confidence, and a new manager coming in with the experience of Martin O’Neill always helps to boost the side. They are a good team and I am not surprised.

“I don’t know too much what he has done on a daily basis but he has improved their results.

“They have done well and we are doing well. We have rebuilt our confidence and it is important that we go there in a positive mind and that we come back with three points.”

Since O’Neill’s arrival, Sunderland have jumped up to eight place in the Premiership, just two places and seven points behind Arsenal. It’s okay being confident but you must always not to underestimate the Black Cats right now….