Wenger’s Kicking Himself For Letting Ibra Slip

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger seems to be kicking himself for letting Swedish Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic slip through his fingers when the striker was still a very young player and joined Arsenal for a short trial.

Looking ahead to the clash against Milan, Wenger seems a bit scared of what Ibrahimovic can pull out of the hat against them.

“He is a great player,” Wenger told Arsenal’s official website.

“If you look at his record, at what he has won, he has his own personality based on a strong belief in himself.

“That is a quality at the top level that can sometimes be seen as over-confidence but I don’t think he is because he turns up with performances in the big games.

“That’s why I believe he was at the Arsenal training ground before his career. Before he moved to Ajax we were interested in him, and he made a great career.”

The Swedish striker is very strong and versatile, but also very fast and has an amazing technique. The only reason he can’t compete for the Ballon d’Oro is because Messi and Ronaldo are impossible to outrun at the moment, but with his skills he could be a top competitor at any point. Do you think Arsenal’s defense will manage to stop him from scoring?