Szczesny – It’s not all lost! Is He Crazy?

It’s unbelievable, but it’s true. Arsenal’s goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny thinks that even though the Gunners lost 4-0 to AC Milan in last night’s nightmare Champions League game Arsenal can still make up for lost ground and snatch the qualification in the second leg.

“It’s going to be very hard, especially against AC Milan,” he told Sky Sports. “They showed tonight how good they are. But it’s not impossible.

“We’re going to have to pick ourselves up, do our best in the next game against Sunderland and hopefully that will give us confidence to go into the second leg.

“We still believe we can turn it around but it’s going to be very difficult.”

The goalkeeper pointed out that the penalty kick was not a clear one and that the referee was a bit harsh as well.

“I think it’s harsh. But it was given so we can’t change it right now,” he said. “The referee is the one that makes the decision.”

“It’s hard to say because they only had five shots on goal. The quality of their finishes was unbelievable,” he said.

“It’s hard to say right now but I hope we can improve in the second leg.”

Arsenal’s players have to wake up and smell the coffee. It’s impossible to score four goals in the return leg given that they only had three shots on target all night and all of those were created by Robin Van Persie, so unless the rest of the squad can come up with a brilliant game it’s all going to be downhill in the return leg as well.