Ramsey, Coquelin and Squillaci join Arsenal injury list – Who cares?

Arsene Wenger changed his team around after the the devastating defeat in Milan, but even the fresh legs couldn’t stop Arsenal losing tamely yet again, leaving the Gunners with nothing but the race for Fourth Place to occupy them for the rest of the season.

Francis Coquelin had come in as a replacement for Kieran Gibbs in defence, but he hobbled off after just ten minutes of the game, and his replacement Sebastien Squillaci was suffering and only lasted 40 mins before he himself was replaced by Walcott as Arsenal were chasing the game.

Aaron Ramsey also went off at the same time after struggling to continue after the break, and Rosicky helped the team regain a bit of shape before Sunderland put the game beyond reach.

Wenger admitted that all three withdrawn players would be unavailable to face Spurs next weekend. He said: “We lost three players again today and we are starting to get very short,”

“None of them will be fit for next week.”

But Koscielny and Jenkinson are expected to return sometime this week, so let’s be honest; We are hardly going to miss those three are we?