Tottenham serious about keeping Hazard away from Arsenal

Arsenal’s fierce rivals Tottenham Hotspur might be the club which will crush Wenger’s dreams of bringing in the exciting Belgian attacking midfielder Eden Hazard.

The situation at Arsenal is becoming critical at the moment and it’s clear that Wenger will drop all ambitions for his youth policy and go all out in the summer transfer window opening, but Hazard might not be available with Tottenham’s intense interest in the midfielder.

“Hazard is a player that we have spoken about,” said Redknapp.

“He is a player who is definitely on our list.

“We spoke about him a few weeks ago. We started talking about possibly getting him in then.”

Lille’s playmaker has been a target for Wenger’s people for a few years now and even though the club did attempt to make a move on him last summer the deal was broken off by the club which wanted to hold him for this season’s Champions League run and sell him after the EURO 2012 where they were hoping he’d qualify with Belgium and manage to raise his fee with some good performances.

Things didn’t end up so well and with the fee now a bit lowered, Tottenham might be the ones to take advantage of that if Wenger doesn’t start talks right away. Do you think Hazard will eventually move to Arsenal?