Lee Dixon – Losing to Spurs will be a disaster for Arsenal

The Arsenal legend Lee Dixon is well aware of the importance of this weekend’s North London derby and doesn’t seem very sure that Arsenal can take the three points from Tottenham, even though he admits that it would be a “disaster” for the club.

Other than being ten points behind their opponents in the League table, Arsenal also have other opponents for fourth place breathing down their necks.

Dixon said: “To lose at home against Tottenham at this stage of the season would be a disaster. From Arsenal’s point of view they are seriously playing catch up.

“They’re in a position where the opposition for fourth place, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea, are not playing great, so they can take some positivity out of that.

“But Spurs have nothing to fear going to the Emirates, they can go and try to get one over on their local rivals.”

“There have been problems at fullback with injuries for Arsenal. Sagna’s just come back, Gibbs has been out and Vermaelen’s been playing left back, so I think with Tottenham’s pace and width they could cause Arsenal problems down the wide areas.

“There’ll be goals in it, that’s for sure. I think both teams will have an attacking way about them – Tottenham don’t seem to play any other way.”

It could also be said that Arsenal don’t know any other way to play as well so I guess I have to agree with Lee that there will be lots of goals. We just have to hope that Arsenal score more…..