Matias Suarez admits Arsenal talks

There were many Arsenal rumours flying about in January that the Anderlecht striker Matias Suarez was negotiating a deal to move to the Emirates, but the Argentinian star had to release a statement denying any chance of joining Arsenal in the January transfer window.

But then the rumours began that Suarez had indeed been in talks with the Gunners but they were regarding a pre-contract agreement to join Arsenal in the summer, but neither Suarez or Anderlecht confirmed the news.

But today the prolific hitman has finally admitted that he has been in talks with Arsenal. He reluctantly said: “I do not deny that my agent may have had contact with Arsenal. I’m flattered to be linked with this great club.”

So it looks like the rumours could be true that he will be moving to Arsenal in the summer. If he can carry on his form for Anderlecht where he has scored 7 goals in the Europa Cup plus another 10 in the Belgian League already this season, then he could prove to be another bargain for Arsene Wenger.