Robin Van Persie – I’m a true Gooner and I love Arsenal

The Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie has given all Gooners the clearest message that he intends to stay at the Emirates beyond this summer in an interview with Voetbal International.

The prolific Dutch international, who will be in the Holland team that faces England tonight, said: “I have been at Arsenal for eight years and I’m proud. At the end of the season I will sit down with the coach and the president”

“Then we will make a cup of coffee and sit down together. I am a true Gooner. I love this club and that’s no secret.”

This is music to the ears of all “true Gooners” and will give us all hope that next season we could truly have an awesome team, especially if Lukas Podolski and Matias Suarez also come as the rumour mill is suggesting today.

One club that will NEVER get Van Persie is of course our great rivals Tottenham, and Robin couldn’t resist the chance to rub in Sunday’s victory over them, which as good as ended Spurs title hopes.

He added: “What’s funny is that people are discussing the best Tottenham team ever and the worst Arsenal team. And we just beat Tottenham. Funny how strange football can be!”

Spoken like a real Gooner. Thankyou Robin, I am confident that you will become a real Arsenal legend…