Wenger is worried about damaging Oxlade-Chamberlain

Even though Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger seems to be very worried about the possibility of club wonderkid Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to end up like his fellow team-mate Jack Wilshere if he’s played too much, he thinks that the winger has a very good chance of getting called-up to this summer’s EURO2012 if he continues playing in such tremendous form.

Wenger said: “Physically we have to monitor him because after every game he can have a little problem.

“We know now that a large percentage of players who play a lot of games between the ages of 18 and 21 have bony stress responses. I never expected the number to be so high.

“It happens because your skeleton is not completely finished and the bones are not completely developed to absorb the kinds of shocks you get in the Premier League.

“We have to be cautious about that. But you are always in a trap when the player is as good as he is, like Jack Wilshere is too.

“You cannot take him out of the team, you have to keep him there. They can win you games.

“Until the end of the season there is no problem and if he continues to play like this I am convinced he will go to Euro 2012.”

“There are very few players like that, players who look like they have always played in the team.”
Chamberlain managed to make an incredible impact at Arsenal and he’s now considered to be the most promising prospect of the club if not the whole Premiership after some amazing appearances he had for Wenger’s team.