Juventus target Arsenal midfielder

The Italian giants Juventus are preparing for a Champions League campaign next season and it has been reported this morning that they are considering a bid for the Arsenal midfielder Alex Song, who has two years left on his contract at the Emirates.

According to the Sun, Juve also have their eye on Chelsea’s Michael Essien if Roman Abramovich goes through with his threat of clearing out the veterans in the Chelsea squad.

They quote a “Juve Source” as saying: “We need to back our plans for a strong European campaign by reinforcing the squad in some key positions — and Essien and Song are under review.”

It has been reported that Song is another one that is refusing to talk about a contract extension at Arsenal, and as the Gunners only have the youngsters Emmanuel Frimpong and Francis Coquelin as cover in the defensive midfield position it is unlikely that Wenger would sanction Song’s departure.