Kagawa not interested in Arsenal move right now

Arsenal are likely to miss out on yet another signing as club target Shinji Kagawa declared that he’s currently talking with his club Borussia Dortmund about the possibility of a contract extension.

The 22-year-old Japanese forward was also a target for Arsenals’ Premiership rivals Liverpool and Manchester United. He is only one of the many Borussia Dortmund players who are highly wanted by a host of European giants.

“We are now negotiating over the renewal of my contract.”, said Kagawa.

“It’s what interests me right now although I know that foreign clubs have asked about me. But I don’t think it is the right time for me to leave this club.”

Arsenal are also interested in his colleague Mario Gotze, and for a while they were also linked with a possible bid for Grosskreutz, but that interest seems to have ended.

The 22-year-old Japanese joined Dortmund in 2010 and managed to score 23 goals in 59 games for the Germans ever since. He’s well known for his pace and incredible technique and even though he is supposed to be a striker, he picks up the playmaking role more often than not.

It’d be a shame if Kagawa will sign an extension with Dortmund instead of joining the Gunners.