Walcott still wants to play in the centre – Is he good enough?

The Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has yet again indicated that he wants to be able to play in the center of the Gunners forward line rather than being forced to play on the wings.

It’s well known that Walcott keeps expressing his wish to play in a 4-4-2 formation next to Robin Van Persie for quite some time, and the English international didn’t miss the chance to remind Wenger that this is his ultimate goal.

“Hopefully, in the future, I would like to play up front with him, but if I am setting up goals then that is the most important thing.

“He is tucking them away and the team is winning so I can only ask for one thing.”

If Wenger will bring both Podolski and Giroud in the summer as he’s rumoured to, than Walcott will be condemned to play on the wing for quite some time unless something unexpected happens. The Frenchman is willing to go all out this time around and avoid incidents like those from last summer, that’s why he’s going to make his best efforts to keep Robin at the club and why he already started negotiating with several players around Europe including Podolski.

Walcott has been excellent on the wing this season providing numerous assists for Van Persie, but how many Arsenal fans think he is a good enough finisher to play in the centre?