Wenger – How Arsenal will win the battle for Champions League place

Wenger is adamant that Arsenal must treat every match from now on as a cup final because nothing can be taken for granted. There are ten games left and Arsenal can’t afford any slip-ups if they want to maintain their premier league top 4 status and possibly push for a top 3 leapfrogging North London rivals, Tottenham Hotspur.

Here’s what Wenger had to say in a recent interview: “You don’t make any plans. The only thing we know is what is needed from us – to be at our best no matter what people say about the situation.

“It is important to keep your squad available and keep your spirit, togetherness and teamwork at a very high level. Also you must maintain belief and not tighten up. Be relaxed, focused and determined.”

“Of course the most obvious battle is between Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal, but you have to wait two or three games,” he said.

“There are 10 games to go, but three games ago we were 10 points behind Tottenham.

“Things can change quickly. You just want to be focused on your next game and give everything.”

Arsenal of recent years have been suspect at the business end of the season and tend to fade away shattering any title hopes in such a talented group of individuals. This year we don’t have the luxury of falling behind because we were never in a good place to allow champions league security. We will have to fight tooth and nail with the Sp*ds and Chelski to get our deserved place in Europe.

Like I’ve said numerous times, this team has mental strength that surpasses all the other Arsenal sides since our CL final defeat against Barcelona. I haven’t seen an Arsenal side comeback continuously even when the odds are stacked against them. This team looks like it has the mentality, momentum and ability to go all the way and secure 3rd place.

I can’t imagine a season without Champions league, fortunately I don’t think Wenger can as well.