Jenkinson – Van Persie is the perfect Arsenal captain

The young Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson is loving being at his boyhood club, and has had nothing but good things to say about his team-mates and the Arsenal set-up since he arrived.

Now he has come out to praise the senior players in the Gunners squad, and especially his captain Robin Van Persie. He said on Arsenal.com: “With Robin being the skipper, if you have any problems or just need some advice then he is one of the first people I would go to,”

“He is the perfect captain. He is approachable – which is very important – and he is open to opinions. He also leads by example on the pitch.

“If you are the captain of a club, you need to lead the way and show the way forward to everyone to follow. He definitely does that.

“I am also quite close with Per Mertesacker – he is a defender and has been around the game a long time and has a lot of experience, so he often gives me little tips here and there.

“I know I can always go to him if I need to talk about something.”

He earlier revealed he enjoys eating out and playing FIFA with Oxlade-Chamberlain and the other young players. It certainly looks like he gets on with everyone at the club and it seems all the players are united behind Arsene Wenger. It is like one big happy family.