Reading sign Arsenal striker until end of season

It has just been revealed today that Reading FC, who are currently in second place in the Championship, have lined up an up-and-coming Arsenal striker to cover for their injured frontman Jason Roberts.

The 19 year-old Benik Afobe has been out injured himself for most of this season, but he made his comeback in the Arsenal reserves 1-1 draw with Liverpool this week and proved he is now back to full fitness.

The Reading manager Brian McDermott told the clubs official website: “We’re delighted to have him, he wanted to come here and that was important because he had other options.

“We know him very well, we have watched him from a very young age. He’s played a lot of games for England right up to the under 19s and then out on loan last season as well.

“He’s a good addition to the squad and will help us with eight games to go.”

Afobe is certainly in for an interesting couple of months as Reading fight for the automatic promotion places, and as they are only five points behind the leaders Southampton, he may even get a medal out of it!