Koscielny – Even Van Persie helped out in the Arsenal defence against Everton

Arsenal kept a rare clean sheet in the 1-0 win against Everton on Wednesday, but Laurent Koscielny doesn’t think that that the back line should be given all the accolades as the whole team helped them out, even the Gunners captain and lone striker Robin Van Persie!

“It’s not just the four defenders, it’s all the team,” Koscielny said. “Robin van Persie made a lot of effort to help us, so it’s all the team who defend and attack and we did the job very well. We need to carry that into the next game against Aston Villa at home on Saturday.”

Aaron Ramsey was also extremely impressed with the Arsenal performance in holding off Everton despite the Toffees intense pressure after Thomas Vermaelen scored the early goal to put the Gunners in the lead.

He said: “It was great. We battled well and it came off. It was always going to be a tough place to come but we dealt with it well. They have done well against some of the top teams in the league so we are very proud.”

Another hard fought win has seen Arsenal extend their winning run to six games now, and surely they will make it seven against struggling Aston Villa this weekend.