Wenger – I questioned Arsenal’s spirit, but not now!

Arsene Wenger today admitted that he was worried about his team’s spirit when they were down in the lower reaches of the Premiership early on this season, but their recovery has been nothing short of ‘spectacular’ and he thinks they have come through their ‘test of character’ with flying colours!

“What you want is improvement from the team, so if this improvement is going in a spectacular way it is great,” Wenger said on Arsenal.com.

“But it is about finishing the job. We have good ingredients because we are on the same wavelength to play our game, and the spirit in the side is good. Now we must continue our development.

“I felt we always had a strong spirit, but of course you question it when you are mid-table. That is why I feel this team was maybe under more pressure than any other team, and maybe they have learned from it.

“It has tested our character, and the response was positive. If you look at all the problems we had over the season and how we responded, the attitude was always right and correct. The end of the season will tell us where we stand but I am very positive that we will fight until the end.”

We can’t help but be feeling positive after six brilliant wins in a row. The only danger that Arsenal have now is complacency. Come on lads, the job’s not finished yet!