Laurent Koscielny Has Tendonitis In His Knee

Everyone was surprised when the Arsenal team lined up for today’s win over Aston Villa, as Laurent Koscielny, who was originally named in the starting eleven, was replaced at the last minute by Johann Djourou.

After the game, Wenger explained what had happened to the French international centre-back. “Koscielny had tendinitis in his knee when he woke up this morning.” Wenger said.

“I don’t know what position he slept in but he could not walk properly. He tried in the warm-up but could not play. We decided in the morning when he woke up.

“He came to see me and said he was not sure that he could play with that pain. So we called somebody up and pushed him in the warm-up. Straight away after the first run he said he could not even move. How bad it is we have to assess.”

Although Djourou played very well (for him!), Arsenal fans would be a lot happier if Koscielny was available for the last eight games of the season. Get well soon Kos!