Would Aneke Be An Option For Arsenal Next Season?

The Arsenal young hotshot Chuks Aneke is delighted for the chance to play for League One side Preston North End, and hopes that the loan spell he has just started will help him in his attempts of becoming a first team player at Arsenal.

The young Gunner has already made his presence noticed at the debut scoring the only goal in a 1-1 draw against Bury and showing just how talented he is. He’s been rated as a top player for quite some time by Wenger, but a few injuries he suffered kept him from breaking into the first team.

“I joined Arsenal when I was seven and have made my way through the youth system to the reserves,” Aneke told the Lancashire Evening Post.

“Now I need first-team games to maybe help me push into the first-team squad at Arsenal.

“You get to a certain point when playing in the reserves all the time isn’t as beneficial, and the next step is to go out on loan.

“League One is really physically, quite different to what I’m used to playing in Arsenal’s reserves. There’s the importance that you’re playing for league points, you’re fighting every week for those three points.
“The gaffer must have seen something in me at Stevenage that he liked, so I’m happy he’s now brought me to Preston.”

Aneke is one of the most talented young prospects Arsenal has, and according to Wenger he’s going to count on his abilities next season. The Frenchman woould have used him this season as well, showing clear signs of his intentions by giving him several chances in the pre-season games, but the injury he suffered stopped the youngster from living his dream. Perhaps next season?