Montpellier: Giroud and Belhanda WILL NOT join Arsenal

The Arsenal manager is reportedly highly interested in two of Montpellier’s most talented players, the striker Olivier Giroud and attacking midfielder Younes Belhanda, but according to one of the French club’s officials there is no chance of either joining the Gunners this summer.

Club chairman Louis Nicollin declared that the club has absolutely no intention of selling Giroud in the summer despite intense interest coming from some of Europe’s top clubs, and according to the Frenchman the club is looking to grow and have a decent Champions League participation next season.

“If we play in the Champions League next season, I believe he will stay,”

“When we signed him from Tours in 2010 it is like we won the lottery.

“If he stays at Montpellier he will give maximum effort.

“I can’t offer him the same wages he could get elsewhere, but we haven’t set a transfer fee and we haven’t had any offers.”

“And it is out of the question that Younes Belhanda will leave.”

Wenger still has other options for both his striker and attacking midfielder needs, but having already expressed his interest in the two, especially Belhanda, he’s highly likely to send an offer down Montpellier’s side for at least one of the two players.

Who thinks that will be the end of the matter? Or is the chairman just trying to drive up the prices?