Olivier Giroud admits Premiership dream

The Arsenal target Olivier Giroud has admitted that it was his dream all along to end up playing for a Premiership side even though he chose to go to Montpellier in 2010 when Middlesbrough wanted him.
The Frenchman showed his worth in the last two seasons at the French club, and he also became an important player for the French national squad which he wishes to join for this summer’s EURO 2012 championship.

“Since very early in 2010, (when) Celtic and Middlesbrough showed interest, I have always dreamt about England,” Giroud told L’Equipe.

“And Celtic, wow! They have fans all over the world and it is a great showcase before joining the Premier League.

“But Montpellier reacted; became insistent. I had a phone call with coach Rene Giroud, and that was important. I felt wanted and there was a very good group.

“Euro 2012? Of course, I have big hopes. Obviously if I finish the season as Le Championnat top scorer it will help a lot. Why shouldn’t I?

“Not playing the Euros would be a huge disappointment if I do the business right before it.

“The priority is to be crowned champions of France. That would mean I have scored goals and I have been good. And I would go to the Euros.”

Giroud has been a target for Wenger since last winter, and he’s expected to join the Emirates Stadium side this summer after he confirmed yet again the interest he has in a possible switch to a Premiership side, and where else could a French star go if not Arsenal?

Should Arsenal go for him?