Arsenal keen on young Italian striker

The Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is reportedly highly interested in one of AC Milan’s most promising prospects. After trailing his progress before he joined the Rossoneri, Wenger’s due to reignite his interest in the young Italian star Stephan El Shaarawy.

One of Arsenal’s opponents in the return Champions League leg from the tie against AC Milan, El Shaarawy was being tracked by Arsene Wenger before he moved to Milan according to his agent, Roberto La Florio, ho declared that he knew about Arsenal’s interest but that his client is happy at the Italian club.

“Arsenal were watching him before his arrival in Milan. But the Rossoneri have signed him and will not be letting him go. He would also be happy to stay at Milan.”

The young striker just managed to break into the Milan first team after some very reassuring performances, and now Wenger’s roaring to snatch him and exploit his talent to the fullest.

Arsenal is in the hunt for a top quality striker this summer according to rumours, as Wenger’s looking to find a replacement for any potential injuries which may occur to the most important player in the team Robin Van Persie, or even a replacement if the Dutchman refuses to sign a new contact.

The Mail reports today that Milan may be relectant to sell him but are considering letting him move to the Emirates for a year on loan to continue his development. The player himself seems keen on the idea. He said: “I really like the English game. Many people always tell me that I have the characteristics to play in the Premier League,’ he said. “Honestly, I like it a lot, both in terms of environment and football.”

Could Stephan El Shaarawy be the right man for Arsenal?