Fabregas – I didn’t learn any tactics at Arsenal!

Arsenal’s former captain Cesc Fabregas is back in London to face Chelsea in tonight’s Champions League semi-final at Stamford Bridge, and as usual he can’t stop talking about Arsenal!

This time he doesn’t seem to be praising Arsene Wenger (for a change) and instead wanted to impress that he has become much more tactically aware since moving to Barcelona, since he could do anything he liked when he was at the Emirates.

Fabregas, who once famously said that Arsenal never studied their opposing teams as Wenger preferred the team to concentrate on their own state of play, now says that he didn’t learn any tactics at Arsenal either.

Cesc has played 25 games for Barca this season, and had this to say about his new club: “I’ve learned a lot tactically, personally,”

“I know my position on the pitch a lot more. Before I was free to do whatever on the pitch at Arsenal, and I wasn’t tactically good.

“I was playing wherever I wanted, up and down. Here I have to work much more for the team, individually, and think about the team tactically.”

Shame you didn’t work that hard when you were at Arsenal, eh Cesc?