Vertonghen – I have a few things lined up…..

One of Arsenal’s biggest transfer targets Jan Vertonghen has reignited the transfer talks which have been surrounding him in the last few months, speaking about his will to leave the Eredivisie side Ajax of Amsterdam.

The defensive star, who is also wanted by Newcastle, has been trailed by the Gunners from the start of the season and he’s even made a personal visit to the Emirates Stadium to see his good friend and national team colleague Thomas Vermaelen earlier this year.

He has made it very clear that Arsenal is his preferred destination, and he yet again admitted he will be leeaving Ajax this summer. “Everybody knows that I’m open to a transfer, but you shouldn’t want to leave at all costs,” he told Algemeen Dagblad .

“I have a few things lined up at the moment, but it’s difficult to say anything about that at the moment. I’ll see what happens, if something becomes concrete.

“I’m focusing on putting in good performances and winning the league title for now,” he concluded.

The defender is rated to be one of the hottest prospects available this summer in Europe, and his ability to play on a wide range of positions including the centre-back, defensive midfielder and left full-back positions, offer him an immense advantage in a side like Arsenal which is known for their annual injury crises!