Wenger looking forward to watching Podolski at the Euros

The Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger finally confirmed that Lukas Podolski signed with the Gunners and will join right after the EURO 2012 championship where he’s certain to be a German first teamer.

The Frenchman did say a month back that the Podolski deal is going to reach a resolution soon, and indeed it has as the Gunners manage to make the first signing of the summer an impressive one.

“We are delighted to secure the deal for Lukas and see him as an important part of our future. He is a top-class player, a very good finisher and a proven performer at club and international level. He is a very strong player and will provide us with good attacking options.”, said Wenger.

“We are happy to have made this signing early and we are looking forward to watching Lukas contribute at the European Championships over the summer, a level where he has already made 95 caps at the age of 26. That is a phenomenal record and just shows his quality as a player.”

Podolski is due to play an important role in the German national team at the EURO 2012, and right after that he’ll join the Gunners camp in London where he has to get accustomed to playing alongside Robin Van Persie. Let’s hope that by then other impressive transfers will also be announced at Arsenal and that he will not be the only one who will have to get used to the Premiership.