Good and bad news for Arsenal about van Persie

We don’t know exactly what happened yesterday during the meeting between Arsenal’s super striker Robin van Persie, Arsene Wenger and chief executive Ivan Gazidis. Rumours from the Emirates suggest that the Dutchman is concerned about the potential of the Gunners to challenge for trophies next season. At 28-years old, van Persie is dying to collect some silverware in the last years of his career. It looks, therefore, that the club and the striker will have time to come to an arrangement.

Arsenal, in order to keep their prize asset, will have to make some quality additions to the squad and that can only be good for the club. Wenger has done brilliantly with the Arsenal finances, but maybe it is time to throw a little caution to the wind. We don’t want to see Nasri celebrating again do we?

Some bad news for Arsenal is that, according to The Mirror, Manchester United are willing to match City’s offer of £25 million and £250,000 per week for Arsenal’s talisman. It is reported that Arsenal are offering him £130,000 and a signing bonus of £5 million so the personal terms are similar.

Some good news is that, according to Metro, Juventus have pulled out of the race and are focusing their attention on Napoli striker Edison Cavani. We are also told that van Persie’s family wants him to stay at the Emirates.

So who do we need to buy to persuade Robin to stay?