Podolski – English football is stronger than the Bundesliga

Lukas Podolski is very excited about playing in the best League in the world next season and believes that Arsenal are one of the best clubs as well. He thinks he will be suited to the English style of football and will settle in very quickly.

“It won’t be easy as the Premier League is quite well balanced, certainly across the top six teams who are all very strong. It will be difficult,” Podolski said.

“But I have joined to win titles and trophies – that is my target. I’m confident and I will do my very best to be successful with Arsenal.

“They play fast in England, score lots of goals and there are tough battles. I enjoy this style of football, so from that point of view I think I will adapt fairly quickly. I’m a player who plays in a similar style.”

“The Bundesliga has done a lot of catching up in recent years, they are no longer that far away from the highest level,” he said.

“But England still has the strongest and most attractive league in my opinion. The Premier League has very good stadiums, and stronger clubs as a whole, and I’m sure I’m going to be involved in some exciting matches.”

If this season just gone is anything to go by, just about every single week will bring another challenge whether you are playing a top team or not! Let us all hope that the German hitman can tip the scales in Arsenal’s favour!