Podolski – I am suited to Arsenal and I want trophies

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger seems to have learned a lesson from the season which has just ended (or at least we hope so), as he made the first signing of the summer in quick and timely manner.

German striker Lukas Podolski not only comes with a bucket load of experience, skill and class to the team, but also with fresh belief and hope, and when it comes to a squad which hasn’t managed to win a trophy in over 7 seasons that’s probably the thing they need most, belief.

“It won’t be easy as the Premier League is quite well balanced – certainly across the top six teams, who are all very strong. It will be difficult,” Podolski told Arsenal Player.

“But I have joined to win titles and trophies – that is my target. I will do my very best to be successful with Arsenal.

“They play fast in England, score lots of goals and there are tough battles.

“I enjoy this style of football, so from that point of view I think I will adapt fairly quickly. I’m a player who plays in a similar style.”

According to rumours, the hitman who the supporters have already started calling “Poldi”, was only the first of many successful signing Arsenal have in mind for the summer, as Wenger looks to monopolize the title fight next season. Do you think that the Gunners are on the right tracks for success?