Chamberlain – The future is looking good for England

The 18 year-old Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is very happy for being considered as part of the new generation of young England players which proves that there is still good English talent being developed in the Premiership.

Phil Jones, Danny Welbeck and Andy Carroll are all newcomers to the team, and along with Chamberlain and others like Jordan Henderson and Daniel Sturridge are on the cusp of joining the more experiened members of Roy Hodgson’s side.

Chamberlain said on Arsenal.com: “There are younger players coming through now mixed with those with more experience, which is a promising match. You still have to remember the likes of Jack Wilshere being injured and obviously Kyle Walker[who is injured too. There are so many young players coming through for England at the moment, it is looking positive.

“I hope it is a fresh start and hopefully we can make something good happen. On a personal note I am delighted to be a part of it. With a new manager coming in and me being a new member to the squad it is just really good to be a part of it.”

All these youngsters coming through shows that the country can still compete with the other European giants, despite the massive influx of foreigners into the Premier League.