Theo Walcott ready for anything – despite injury…..

The Arsenal and England winger Theo Walcott has admitted that he is still suffering from the hamstring injury that he picked up a month before the end of last season, but is willing to overcome the pain barrier and do ANYTHING to help England profress in the European Championships.

He said: “I had that little injury setback. I kept on playing and training and pulled it in the end so I thought, during training, I’d have to sit it out for a while,”

“But I’m ready to go. I’d do anything for this team — from the start or the bench.

“It’s nice to be part of it and there’s still a lot more to come.”

Walcott is bound to be on the bench tomorrow night against Italy, and hopefully he won’t need to be brought on to help England come from behind, but If England can keep it at a stalemate until 15 minutes before the end I can see Hodgson throwing him on to run rings around the tired Italian legs…..