Why Tottenham or PSG could influence Van Persie’s future..

There are lots of rumours about Robin Van Persie this morning, and the biggest (and most likely I guess) is that he is considering a move to the new moneybags French side PSG. Carlo Ancelotti has set his sights firmly on the Ligue 1 title this season and he sees Van Persie as the perfect man to fire them to a glut of trophies.

The Express reported: Last season’s Premier League Player Of The Year is considering the switch to France after Arsenal appeared to be unwilling to bust a gut to keep him.

After bringing in Lucas Podolski and Olivier Giroud, manager Arsene Wenger is believed to have signalled that he can now afford let RVP go if the Dutchman continues to play hardball over a new contract.

That rings true to me, especially as both PSG and Man City could easily give Van Persie an extra 100 grand a week on what he could earn at Arsenal.

As for the Man City rumours, the Mirror reports that Robrerto Mancini MUST unload a top earner before being allowed to bid for Van Persie, and he is hoping that Tottenham come in with a reasonable offer for Emmanuel Adebayor. Even if City let him leave for nothing it will save them £16m in wages, which will allow them to bring in the Arsenal hitman.

Meanwhile there is still a wall of silence coming from Arsenal and Van Persie, but if Wenger buys any more strikers I think we can safely say he is planning for life without his captain….