How many strikers do Arsenal need?

The latest Arsenal transfer arrival Olivier Giroud has stated that his intentions are not to replace the Dutch striker Robin Van Persie in the Gunners front line.

With the Dutchman highly linked with a possible move away from the Emirates stadium this summer, many have touted Giroud as his replacement, but it seems that neither Wenger nor the Frenchman want that to happen.

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger has clearly stated his wish for Robin to stay, and although it seems like the Gunners captain is still unsettled, Wenger has thought of different possibilities to make play him alongside Podolski and Giroud in the frontline.

‘When you make the decision to join a great club, you know there is already a great forward,’ Giroud told French newspaper L’Equipe. ‘I know what to expect.

‘Van Persie is a fantastic player who was outstanding last season.

‘He has been at Arsenal for eight years, so I hope I will have time to adapt and improve.

‘Anyway, I don’t go there to take his place.’

Arsene Wenger will face a tough job choosing between all the options he has now in attack, with the likes of Walcott, Gervinho, Podolski, Giroud, Chamakh, Van Persie, Park, and all the rest fighting for a place in the first eleven. Surely SOMEONE will have to leave?